All of our units comply with Document L as a minimum although much of the range we supply greatly exceed these requirements with the combination of Soft and Hard coated Low E Glass, Aluminium spacer or Super Spacer & Argon gas filling.
If not specified we will supply Hard coated Low E Glass with Aluminium Spacer without gas. Energy rated windows typically consist of Planitherm soft coated Low E glass, Super spacer & Argon Gas.
We use Super Spacer to bring you the best energy efficiency, endurance and appearance.
What is Super Spacer?
Standard windows use a highly conductive metal spacer bar to hold the two panes of glass apart, which sucks heat from inside to the outside. Super Spacer introduces no-metal warm edge technology to windows, helping to deliver windows of the highest standards. Super Spacer® is a no-metal, pre-desiccated, structural foam spacer system.
Its award winning, patented Thermal Set Spacer (TSS) technology gives the ultimate in high performance spacer systems. Since it was first introduced in 1989, Super Spacer has become the dominant force in thermally efficient spacer systems.
Super Spacer has 100% memory and allows for expansion and contraction, a major cause of fractures in conventional sealed units. In accelerated testing Super Spacer has been shown to last over twice as long as other dual seal systems and five times longer than single seal systems
Why Super Spacer?
Windows using Super Spacer achieve the highest Window Energy Ratings from the British Fenestration Ratings Council.
Our Windows have a low line glazing bead and gasket. This can cause a problem for standard aluminium spacer bars which can protrude into the sightline of the window. Super Spacer has a lower sightline (equivalent to only 9.8mm from the edge of the glass) which eradicates the problem.
Super Spacer also takes on the appearance of the colour of the profile into which it is glazed. For example, if Super Spacer is glazed into white profile the spacer reflects back white. The Glass we supply has passed EN1279 Part 2 and Part 3 – which is a legal requirement for all sealed unit manufacturers. And the manufacturers Edgetech have subjected Super Spacer to rigorous testing worldwide to meet our customers’ needs internationally. This means Super Spacer is proven to withstand temperatures from -15° to 125°, well beyond any temperatures we experience in the UK.
Your windows can be further enhanced with a range of stylish decorative options such as Georgian bars, Leaded, Stained & Bevelled leaded designs.
SGG Planitherm Total
We use the best softcoat glass on the market SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL energy efficient glass which improves the energy efficiency of your windows and help reduce your heating bills! Considerably more neutral than traditional low-E products
SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL is one of the most energy efficiency glass products available helping to improve the window energy ratings of your glazing and making your home more comfortable
- Improved thermal insulation - reduces heat loss more effectively than traditional low-E coatings
- Promotes passive solar heat gain - free heat from the sun passes easily through the glass helping to warm your home
- Improved energy efficiency - reduced need for heating helps to save energy and protect the environment whilst saving you money on heating bills
- More comfortable rooms - improved thermal insulation means fewer cold spots and drafts near windows and doors
- Less condensation - the inner surface of the glass stays warmer reducing internal condensation and prolonging the life of your window
- No unsightly tint - Unlike traditional low-E coatings that suffer from an unsightly yellow tint, SGG PLANITHERM looks very clear.
- This means your curtains or Georgian Bars will not look dirty or discoloured
- More light - less tint also means more light can enter the room, making it more comfortable and luminous
- No 'haze' effect - SGG PLANITHERM does not suffer from the unsightly tint commonly associated with traditional low-E products
We also supply the full range of Pilkington Obscure glass
Download the brochures here:
A method of bespoking the door by visually dividing the glass units into small panes by insertion of a white or coloured shaped bar in between the glass panes.
An alternative method of bespoking the door by visually dividing the glass units but achieving a more traditional effect. This is achieved by having back to back spacer bars, (Duplex Spacer) between the glass panes and covering these, both internally and externally, with PVC Georgian Bars.